Enforcement of justice court judgments generally
(1) Upon the docketing of a judgment by a justice court, the judgment may be enforced by the justice court in the manner provided in this section.
(2) Enforcement proceedings on a judgment docketed by a justice court may include:
(a) Writ of execution proceedings for personal property under ORS 18.252 (Execution) to 18.993 (Effect of ORS 18.860 to 18.993 on court's ability to direct seizure).
(3) In addition to the enforcement proceedings specified in subsection (2) of this section, a docketed justice court judgment may be enforced by the court that rendered the judgment through the issuance of a writ of execution on real property under ORS 18.252 (Execution) to 18.993 (Effect of ORS 18.860 to 18.993 on court's ability to direct seizure). A writ of execution on real property may be issued by a justice court only after the judgment has been transcribed or recorded in the manner provided by ORS 52.635 (Liens based on justice court judgment).
(4) ORS 18.038 (Form of judgment document generally), 18.042 (Judgment in civil action that includes money award), 18.048 (Judgment in criminal action that contains money award) and 137.071 (Requirements for judgment documents) apply to judgments rendered in justice courts.
(5) Except as provided in subsection (6) of this section, the provisions of this section apply to all judgments docketed by justice courts, including judgments imposed in violation proceedings and other criminal proceedings.
(6) The provisions of this section and ORS 52.635 (Liens based on justice court judgment) do not apply to proceedings for enforcement of ordinances governing the parking of vehicles. Ordinances governing the parking of vehicles shall be enforced as provided by other law. [1999 c.788 §2; 2001 c.249 §74; 2003 c.576 §95]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information