- • members
- • term
- • confirmation
- • meetings
- • compensation and expenses
- • quorum
(1) The State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries shall be administered by a governing board composed of five citizens of Oregon appointed by the Governor.
(2)(a) The term of office of each member is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term. The term of a board member shall continue until a successor has been appointed and confirmed.
(3) The board shall hold meetings four times each year and special meetings may be called by the chairperson or by a majority of the board.
(4) Each member of the board is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(5) A majority of the members of the board constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(6) The members of the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries governing board must be citizens of this state. The members chosen shall, to the greatest extent possible, represent all geographic regions of the state. [Amended by 1961 c.167 §42; 1969 c.314 §61; 1969 c.695 §11; 1983 c.740 §204a; 1993 c.260 §5; 2001 c.75 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information