Powers of department
The State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries may:
(1) Make or have made qualitative and quantitative determinations of ores and minerals that are submitted for such purpose and that are from within the State of Oregon. The department shall mail to the sender of such ores or minerals the results of such determination as soon as practicable after making such determination. Such services shall be performed by the department at the request of a member of the general public at a reasonable charge.
(2) Perform geological surveys or analyses at the request of any state agency if department funding allows undertaking such surveys or analyses and may make reasonable charges for these services.
(3) Collect and exhibit specimens, samples and photographs, models and drawings of appliances in the mines, mills and metallurgical plants of Oregon.
(4) Enter into contracts or agreements with the federal government or any agency thereof, pursuant to which the department shall operate or act as the agent of the federal government in the operation of a mineral assay service or similar analytical service, the cost of which is to be reimbursed by the federal government.
(5) Establish, equip and operate a geochemical laboratory which may:
(a) Make geochemical determinations at the request of any department, institution or other agency of the state, without any charge in excess of the actual cost thereof.
(b) Make other geochemical determinations at a reasonable charge in excess of the actual cost thereof. [1971 c.441 §4; 1973 c.180 §1; 1993 c.260 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information