Review of permit denial
- • fee
- • rules
- • limitation on transfer of certain permits
(1) An individual whose application for renewal of the permit required by ORS 508.775 (Vessel permit required to engage in fishery) is denied by the State Department of Fish and Wildlife may make written request to the Commercial Fishery Permit Board for review of the denial. The review provided in this subsection is in lieu of any such review by the department or the State Fish and Wildlife Commission. The request shall be in such form and shall contain such information as the board considers appropriate. The request shall be accompanied by a nonrefundable fee of $75. Such fees shall apply toward the permit fee of successful applicants.
(2) In accordance with any applicable provision of ORS chapter 183, the board shall review denials of applications for renewal of permits. Orders issued by the board are not subject to review by the commission, but may be appealed as provided in ORS 183.480 (Judicial review of agency orders) to 183.500 (Appeals). The board may waive requirements for renewal of permits if the board finds:
(a) That the individual for personal or economic reasons chose to actively commercially fish in some other fishery during the Columbia River gillnet salmon seasons; or
(b) That the individual failed to meet the requirements as the result of illness, accident or other circumstances beyond the individual’s control.
(3) In accordance with any applicable provision of ORS chapter 183, the board may promulgate such rules as it considers necessary to carry out its duties, functions and powers.
(4) The board may delegate to the department its authority to waive requirements for renewal of permits.
(5) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, without the prior approval of the Commercial Fishery Permit Board, a Columbia River gillnet salmon vessel permit acquired as a result of a waiver pursuant to subsection (2) of this section may not be transferred to another vessel until the vessel for which the permit was issued has been used in the Columbia River gillnet salmon fishery for two or more calendar years. [1979 c.679 §10; 1981 c.365 §15; 1989 c.940 §5; 1995 c.602 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information