General duties and powers
- • rulemaking authority
- • hearing prior to budget request to Governor
(1) Consistent with the policy of ORS 496.012 (Wildlife policy), the State Fish and Wildlife Commission shall implement the policies and programs of this state for the management of wildlife. These policies and programs shall consider the uses of public and private lands and utilize voluntary partnerships with private and public landowners to protect and enhance wildlife habitat and effectively manage wildlife. In addition, the commission shall perform any other duty vested in it by law.
(2) In accordance with the applicable provisions of ORS chapter 183, the commission shall adopt such rules and standards as it considers necessary and proper to implement the policy and objectives of ORS 496.012 (Wildlife policy) and perform the functions vested by law in the commission.
(3) Except as provided in ORS 183.335 (Notice) (5), the commission shall cause a public hearing to be held on any proposed rule or standard prior to its adoption. The hearing may be before the commission, any designated member thereof or any person designated by and acting for the commission.
(4) Before submitting budget requests or information to the Governor pursuant to ORS 291.201 (Definition of "tax expenditure") to 291.222 (Furnishing information and assistance to Governor-elect), the commission shall hold a public hearing on proposals for planned expenditures and enhancement packages that the commission intends to recommend to the Governor for inclusion in the Governor’s budget. [1973 c.723 §12; 1993 c.659 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.