Duties and powers in enforcing law
(1) The Department of Consumer and Business Services shall:
(2) If the department finds that the electrical installation or product fails to comply with minimum safety standards or electrical product safety standards, the department may disconnect or order the disconnection of service thereto.
(3) If the department finds that the condition of an electrical installation or product constitutes an immediate hazard to life or property, the department may cut or disconnect any wire necessary to remove such hazard or take corrective action as provided by rules adopted under ORS 479.730 (Adoption of rules by Director of Department of Consumer and Business Services).
(4) Upon written request of appropriate municipal personnel, the department may make inspections of electrical installations and products within cities and counties. Such inspections shall be made at cost, in accordance with local municipal ordinances, payable on a monthly basis.
(5) For the purpose of discharging any duty imposed by ORS 479.510 (Short title) to 479.945 (Restricted energy contractor's license) and 479.995 (Civil penalty for violation of ORS 479.510 to 479.945) or exercising authority conferred hereby the department may enter, during reasonable hours, any building, enclosure, or upon any premises where electrical work is in progress, where an electrical installation has been made or where electrical equipment or products may be located.
(6) A person may not obstruct or interfere with the department in performance of any of the department’s duties or the exercise of any authority conferred under this section. [1959 c.406 §§24,25; 1973 c.834 §37; 1981 c.815 §3; 2003 c.14 §330; 2003 c.299 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information