2007 ORS § 479.570¹
Energizing of electrical installations
  • rules

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, a person who sells electricity may not energize an electrical installation unless the installation is first approved by an inspector authorized to perform inspections under ORS 479.510 (Short title) to 479.945 (Restricted energy contractor's license).

(2) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to:

(a) An installation for which a written request to energize has been made by a licensed supervising electrician qualified pursuant to ORS 479.630 (Requirements for obtaining licenses) (2) and to which the appropriate electrical permit has been attached;

(b) A temporary installation of less than 480 volts made to provide service to a construction site or irrigation pump if the installation is properly grounded and the appropriate electrical permit is attached thereto;

(c) An installation within a plant or system of a person who sells electricity. As used in this paragraph, "person who sells electricity" does not include small power production facilities as defined in ORS 758.500 (1981 Replacement Part); or

(d) A minor electrical installation for which a valid installation label has been issued.

(3) Electrical installations energized without inspection pursuant to subsection (2)(a) and (b) of this section must receive final inspection as required by ORS 479.510 (Short title) to 479.945 (Restricted energy contractor's license).

(4) Notwithstanding ORS 756.040 (General powers), 756.060 (Authority to adopt rules and regulations) and 757.035 (Adoption of safety rules and regulations), the Department of Consumer and Business Services, in consultation with the Electrical and Elevator Board, may adopt rules regulating the use of a written request by a licensed supervising electrician as described in subsection (2)(a) of this section as adequate authority for a person who sells electricity to energize an electrical installation. [1959 c.406 §8; 1981 c.815 §11; 1983 c.580 §1; 1987 c.575 §6; 2003 c.14 §324; 2007 c.405 §1]