Issuance of permit
- • when permit becomes void
- • master electrical inspection permit
- • rules
(1) The Department of Consumer and Business Services or a designated agent shall issue a permit to:
(a) Any applicant who has complied with ORS 479.510 (Short title) to 479.945 (Restricted energy contractor's license) and the rules issued thereunder, covering an electrical installation to be made on residential or farm property owned by the applicant or a member of the applicant’s immediate family as allowed under ORS 479.540 (Exemptions) (1).
(b) A licensed electrical contractor or an agent the contractor has designated to the department or the department’s designated agent in a record signed by the electrical contractor. The department or department’s designated agent shall only issue a permit under this subsection if the application for the permit is accompanied by a signed statement that the electrical contractor’s general supervising electrician of record will sign the permit before an inspection of the electrical work is requested. A contractor or the contractor’s general supervisor will promptly request an inspection of electrical work performed under a permit issued under this subsection. A permit issued under this subsection shall state the name of the electrical contractor.
(2) A permit issued to an electrical contractor upon the request of the contractor’s supervising electrician is void upon the end of the employment of such supervising electrician before completion of the electrical installation.
(3) Except for the installation or alteration of an electrical service, the owner, operating manager or electrical contractor of an industrial plant who meets the provisions of ORS 479.630 (Requirements for obtaining licenses) (1) and (2), a commercial office building, a building that is owned, leased, managed or operated by the state or a local government entity or other facilities designated by the Electrical and Elevator Board, in lieu of the required inspection permit, may apply to the department or municipality providing inspection service for a master electrical inspection permit. Under the permit the authority having jurisdiction shall cause a periodic inspection to be made of the electrical installations. The authority may also cause a cover inspection, which shall be made before electrical installations are covered. The periodic inspection under the permit shall be done at least once a year or more frequently based on the needs of the particular plant, building or facility. The department shall adopt rules in accordance with ORS chapter 183 for:
(a) The annual issuance of the master electrical inspection permit;
(b) The conduct of the inspections on the electrical installations and electrical products;
(c) The granting of a waiver of payment of permit fees other than for the master electrical inspection permit; and
(d) The fixing and collecting of inspection fees at the cost of making the inspection according to the time required of the inspector. [1959 c.406 §§6,7; 1961 c.693 §1; 1971 c.753 §56; 1981 c.815 §10; 1993 c.451 §2; 2003 c.14 §323; 2003 c.675 §66]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.