Fire-fighting tools and equipment at operation area and on trucks
- • rules
During a fire season inside or within one-eighth of one mile of a forest protection district:
(1) Every person conducting an operation shall provide and maintain, at the operation area or at a location designated by the forester, fire-fighting tools that are in conformity with rules promulgated by the State Forester. The tools shall be used only for fighting fire and for no other purpose.
(2) Each internal combustion engine used in an operation area shall be equipped with fire-fighting tools and equipment that are in conformity with rules promulgated by the State Forester.
(3) All trucks driven over roads through forestland, excepting county roads and state highways, shall be equipped with fire-fighting tools and equipment that are in conformity with rules promulgated by the State Forester.
(4) For purposes of this section, the rules promulgated by the State Forester:
(a) Shall prescribe such type and number of tools and equipment for extinguishing fires as reasonably are necessary to suppress fires, and the manner of storing such tools when not in use.
(b) May provide for the use of alternate methods, tools and equipment.
(5) The tools and equipment prescribed by these rules shall be kept in constant repair and readiness for instant use. [Formerly 477.186; 1967 c.429 §20; 1997 c.274 §27]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information