Definitions for ORS 475.300 to 475.346
(1) "Attending physician" means a physician licensed under ORS chapter 677 who has primary responsibility for the care and treatment of a person diagnosed with a debilitating medical condition.
(2) "Debilitating medical condition" means:
(a) Cancer, glaucoma, agitation due to Alzheimer’s disease, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome, or treatment for these conditions;
(b) A medical condition or treatment for a medical condition that produces, for a specific patient, one or more of the following:
(B) Severe pain;
(C) Severe nausea;
(D) Seizures, including but not limited to seizures caused by epilepsy; or
(E) Persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to spasms caused by multiple sclerosis; or
(c) Any other medical condition or treatment for a medical condition adopted by the department by rule or approved by the department pursuant to a petition submitted pursuant to ORS 475.334 (Adding diseases or conditions that qualify as debilitating medical conditions).
(3) "Delivery" has the meaning given that term in ORS 475.005 (Definitions for ORS 475.005 to 475.285 and 475.840 to 475.980). "Delivery" does not include transfer of marijuana by a registry identification cardholder to another registry identification cardholder if no consideration is paid for the transfer.
(4) "Department" means the Department of Human Services.
(5) "Designated primary caregiver" means an individual 18 years of age or older who has significant responsibility for managing the well-being of a person who has been diagnosed with a debilitating medical condition and who is designated as such on that person’s application for a registry identification card or in other written notification to the department. "Designated primary caregiver" does not include the person’s attending physician.
(6) "Marijuana" has the meaning given that term in ORS 475.005 (Definitions for ORS 475.005 to 475.285 and 475.840 to 475.980).
(7) "Marijuana grow site" means a location where marijuana is produced for use by a registry identification cardholder and that is registered under the provisions of ORS 475.304 (Marijuana grow site registration system).
(8) "Medical use of marijuana" means the production, possession, delivery, or administration of marijuana, or paraphernalia used to administer marijuana, as necessary for the exclusive benefit of a person to mitigate the symptoms or effects of the person’s debilitating medical condition.
(9) "Production" has the meaning given that term in ORS 475.005 (Definitions for ORS 475.005 to 475.285 and 475.840 to 475.980).
(10) "Registry identification card" means a document issued by the department that identifies a person authorized to engage in the medical use of marijuana and the person’s designated primary caregiver, if any.
(11) "Usable marijuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the plant Cannabis family Moraceae, and any mixture or preparation thereof, that are appropriate for medical use as allowed in ORS 475.300 (Findings) to 475.346 (Short title). "Usable marijuana" does not include the seeds, stalks and roots of the plant.
(12) "Written documentation" means a statement signed by the attending physician of a person diagnosed with a debilitating medical condition or copies of the person’s relevant medical records. [1999 c.4 §3; 2001 c.900 §205; 2003 c.14 §305; 2005 c.22 §346; 2005 c.822 §1; 2007 c.573 §1]
Note: See note under 475.300 (Findings).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.