ORS 471.375¹
  • requirements
  • fee

(1) Any person who has not had a permit refused or revoked or whose permit is not under suspension may mix, sell or serve alcoholic beverages for consumption on licensed premises if the person prepares in duplicate an application for a service permit prior to mixing, selling or serving any alcoholic beverage for consumption on licensed premises and the application is indorsed as required under subsection (2) of this section. A copy of the indorsed application must be kept on the licensed premises by any licensee for whom the person mixes, sells or serves alcoholic beverages and must be made available for immediate inspection by any inspector or investigator employed by the Oregon Liquor Control Commission or by any other peace officer until the applicant receives the service permit.

(2) An application for a service permit under subsection (1) of this section must be indorsed by one of the following persons:

(a) The licensee under whose license the applicant will mix, sell or serve alcoholic beverages. If a licensee indorses an application, the licensee must immediately transmit the application to the commission with the fee required by subsection (4) of this section.

(b) An officer or employee of a company that provides servers to licensees on a temporary basis. The commission must give a company written approval to indorse service permit applications before an application may be indorsed under this paragraph.

(c) An employee of the commission designated by the commission to accept and indorse applications under this section.

(d) An employee of an alcohol server education course provider that has been certified by the commission under ORS 471.542 (Alcohol server education course required) (8). The employee must be specifically designated by the provider to indorse applications under this section.

(3) An application for a service permit may be indorsed by an employee of the commission under subsection (2)(c) of this section only if:

(a) The applicant is not employed by a licensee of the commission;

(b) The applicant completes the alcohol server education course required by ORS 471.542 (Alcohol server education course required) before making the application; and

(c) The applicant personally appears before the employee of the commission and provides such identification as may be required by commission rule.

(4) An applicant for a service permit must be 18 years of age or over. Application for a service permit shall be made on a form supplied by the commission. The applicant shall truly answer all questions, provide any further information required, and pay a fee not to exceed $10. The commission shall either set the fee to cover only the administrative costs of the service permit program, or apply any excess to the Alcohol Education Program established under ORS 471.541 (Alcohol Education Program). [1979 c.788 §4; 1981 c.610 §5; 1987 c.511 §6; 1989 c.271 §2; 2001 c.785 §7]

Chapter 471

Atty. Gen. Opinions

Employ­ment by OLCC of staff member as "hearings advocate" at certain OLCC contested case hearings, (1983) Vol 44, p 1

Law Review Cita­tions

16 WLR 479 (1979)

1 Legislative Counsel Committee, CHAPTER 471—Alcoholic Liquors Generally, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­Archive/­2007ors471.­pdf (2007) (last ac­cessed Feb. 12, 2009).
2 Legislative Counsel Committee, Annotations to the Oregon Revised Stat­utes, Cumulative Supplement - 2007, Chapter 471, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­471ano.­htm (2007) (last ac­cessed Feb. 12, 2009).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information