Wine self-distribution permit
(1) The Oregon Liquor Control Commission may issue a wine self-distribution permit to a United States manufacturer of wine or cider. The commission may issue a wine self-distribution permit only to a manufacturer of wine or cider that:
(a) Holds a license issued by another state that authorizes the manufacture of wine or cider; and
(b) Holds a certificate of approval issued under ORS 471.244 (Certificates of approval).
(2) The holder of a wine self-distribution permit may sell at wholesale and transport wine or cider that the manufacturer produces directly to the commission, or to retail licensees in the manner provided by this section. A wine self-distribution permit allows the holder to sell wine or cider that the holder produces only to retail licensees who hold a valid endorsement issued by the commission authorizing receipt of wine or cider from the holder of a wine self-distribution permit.
(3) In addition to the information required by ORS 471.311 (Application for license) for licenses, an applicant for a wine self-distribution permit shall provide the commission with a copy of the license held by the applicant and any information required by the commission to establish that the license held by the applicant authorizes the manufacture of wine or cider.
(4) A person holding a wine self-distribution permit is responsible for paying all taxes imposed under ORS chapter 473, and for complying with all reporting requirements imposed by ORS chapter 473, for all wine and cider sold and transported to retail licensees in this state. The commission may revoke, or refuse to issue, a wine self-distribution permit if the holder of a permit fails to pay taxes or make reports as required by ORS chapter 473.
(5) A retail licensee may receive wine or cider from the holder of a wine self-distribution permit only if the licensee has received prior authorization from the commission. Prior authorization under this subsection must be made by an endorsement to the license for the premises where the wine or cider will be received. The commission may not charge or collect a fee for an endorsement under this subsection.
(6)(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this subsection, a retail licensee that receives wine or cider from holders of wine self-distribution permits must make a monthly report to the commission, using a form prescribed by the commission, listing the amount of all wine or cider received from permit holders in the previous month, and the names of the permit holders from whom the wine or cider was received. Retail licensees shall retain such purchase records for products received from permit holders as may be required by the commission.
(b) The holder of a full or limited on-premises sales license is not required to file a report under this subsection for any month in which the licensee receives two or fewer cases of wine from holders of wine self-distribution permits.
(7) A manufacturer that is not licensed by the commission may sell and transport wine or cider directly to a retail licensee, and a retail licensee may receive wine or cider directly from a manufacturer that is not licensed by the commission, only if the manufacturer holds a wine self-distribution permit issued under this section.
(8) The holder of a wine self-distribution permit consents to the jurisdiction of the commission and the courts of this state for the purpose of enforcing the provisions of this chapter, ORS chapter 473 and any related laws or rules.
(9) The holder of a wine self-distribution permit must post a bond or other security, as described in ORS 471.155 (Commission's licensing duties).
(10) The commission may revoke, or refuse to issue, a wine self-distribution permit if the holder of a permit fails to comply with any provision of this section. [2007 c.651 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.