Grower sales privilege license
(1) A grower sales privilege license shall allow the licensee to perform the following activities only for fruit or grape wine or cider where all of the fruit or grapes used to make the wine or cider are grown in Oregon under the control of the licensee:
(a) To import, store, transport or export such wines or cider.
(b) To sell such wines or cider at wholesale to the Oregon Liquor Control Commission or licensees of the commission.
(c) To sell such wines or cider at retail directly to the consumer for consumption on or off the licensed premises.
(d) To conduct the activities allowed under paragraph (a), (b) or (c), or all, of this subsection at a second or third premises as may be designated by the commission.
(e) To obtain a special events grower sales privilege license which shall entitle the holder to conduct the activities allowed under paragraph (c) of this subsection at a designated location other than the one set forth in the grower sales privilege license for a period not to exceed five days.
(2) For purposes of ORS 471.392 (Definitions for ORS 471.392 to 471.400) to 471.400 (Exceptions to prohibition of financial assistance), a grower sales privilege licensee shall be considered a manufacturer.
(3) A person holding a winery license in another state is not eligible for a license under this section.
(4) A person licensed under this section is not eligible for a limited on-premises sales license or an off-premises sales license.
(5) As used in this section, "control" means the grower either owns the land upon which the fruit or grapes are grown or has a legal right to perform or does perform all of the acts common to fruit farming or viticulture under terms of a lease or similar agreement of at least three years’ duration.
(6) For the purposes of tax reporting, payment and record keeping, the provisions of law that shall apply to a manufacturer under ORS chapter 473 shall apply to a grower sales privilege licensee, but such a licensee is not a manufacturer for purposes of ORS 473.050 (When privilege tax not imposed) (5). [1989 c.740 §2; 1995 c.58 §2; 1995 c.301 §82; 1999 c.351 §23a]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information