Definitions for ORS chapters 471 and 473
As used in this chapter and ORS chapter 473:
(1) "Alcoholic beverage" and "alcoholic liquor" mean any liquid or solid containing more than one-half of one percent alcohol by volume and capable of being consumed by a human being.
(2) "Commercial establishment" means a place of business where food is cooked and served and having adequate kitchen facilities for the preparation and serving of meals and having for that purpose proper dining space. "Commercial establishment" includes athletic clubs and golf clubs operated for profit. A commercial establishment must serve meals to the general public or, if the commercial establishment is an athletic club or golf club, must serve meals to the club’s members and guests.
(3) "Commission" means the Oregon Liquor Control Commission.
(4) "Distilled liquor" means any alcoholic beverage other than a wine, cider or malt beverage. "Distilled liquor" includes distilled spirits.
(5) "Licensee" means any person holding a license issued under this chapter.
(6)(a) "Malt beverage" means an alcoholic beverage obtained by the fermentation of grain that contains not more than 14 percent alcohol by volume.
(b) "Malt beverage" includes:
(A) Beer, ale, porter, stout and similar alcoholic beverages containing not more than 14 percent alcohol by volume;
(B) Malt beverages containing six percent or less alcohol by volume and that contain at least 51 percent alcohol by volume obtained by the fermentation of grain, as long as not more than 49 percent of the beverage’s overall alcohol content is obtained from flavors and other added nonbeverage ingredients containing alcohol; and
(C) Malt beverages containing more than six percent alcohol by volume that derive not more than 1.5 percent of the beverage’s overall alcohol content by volume from flavors and other added nonbeverage ingredients containing alcohol.
(c) "Malt beverage" does not include cider or an alcoholic beverage obtained primarily by fermentation of rice, such as sake.
(7) "Manufacturer" means every person who produces, brews, ferments, manufactures or blends an alcoholic beverage within this state or who imports or causes to be imported into this state an alcoholic beverage for sale or distribution within the state.
(9) "Premises" or "licensed premises" means a location licensed under this chapter and includes all enclosed areas at the location that are used in the business operated at the location, including offices, kitchens, rest rooms and storerooms, including all public and private areas where patrons are permitted to be present. "Premises" or "licensed premises" includes areas outside of a building that the commission has specifically designated as approved for alcoholic beverage service or consumption.
(10) "Wine" means any fermented vinous liquor or fruit juice, or other fermented beverage fit for beverage purposes that is not a malt beverage, containing more than one-half of one percent of alcohol by volume and not more than 21 percent of alcohol by volume. "Wine" includes fortified wine. "Wine" does not include cider. [1995 c.301 §2; 1999 c.351 §42; 2005 c.100 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.