Implementation plan for electric companies
- • annual reports
- • rules
(1) An electric company that is subject to a renewable portfolio standard shall develop an implementation plan for meeting the requirements of the standard and file the plan with the Public Utility Commission. Implementation plans must be revised and updated at least once every two years.
(2) An implementation plan must at a minimum contain:
(a) Annual targets for acquisition and use of qualifying electricity; and
(b) The estimated cost of meeting the annual targets, including the cost of transmission, the cost of firming, shaping and integrating qualifying electricity, the cost of alternative compliance payments and the cost of acquiring renewable energy certificates.
(3) The commission shall acknowledge the implementation plan no later than six months after the plan is filed with the commission. The commission may acknowledge the plan subject to conditions specified by the commission.
(4) The commission shall adopt rules:
(a) Establishing requirements for the content of implementation plans;
(b) Establishing the procedure for acknowledgment of implementation plans under this section, including provisions for public comment; and
(c) Providing for the integration of the implementation plan with the integrated resource planning guidelines established by the commission and in effect on June 6, 2007.
(5) The implementation plan filed under this section may include procedures that will be used by the electric company to determine whether the costs of constructing a facility that generates electricity from a renewable energy source, or the costs of acquiring bundled or unbundled renewable energy certificates, are consistent with the standards of the commission relating to least-cost, least-risk planning for acquisition of resources. [2007 c.301 §11]
Note: Section 11a, chapter 301, Oregon Laws 2007, provides:
Sec. 11a. An electric company shall develop and file with the Public Utility Commission an initial implementation plan under section 11 of this 2007 Act [469A.075 (Implementation plan for electric companies)] no later than January 1, 2010. [2007 c.301 §11a]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information