(1) Pursuant to ORS 286A.560 (Definitions for ORS 286A.560 to 286A.585 and 327.700 to 327.711) to 286A.585 (Lottery bonds for community sports facilities), lottery bonds may be issued to provide loans and other financial assistance to public agencies, as defined in ORS 468.423 (Definitions for ORS 468.423 to 468.440), for waste water pollution control, reduction or abatement as described in ORS 468.429 (Uses of revolving fund).
(2) The use of lottery bond proceeds is authorized upon the following findings:
(a) Financial assistance for public agency waste water pollution control, reduction or abatement activities will result in additional wastewater treatment capacity in Oregon.
(b) Wastewater treatment capacity comprises a portion of the physical foundation for industrial and commercial activities and provides a portion of the basic framework for continued and expanded economic opportunities throughout Oregon.
(c) Such financial assistance will therefore further economic development within this state, making the use of net proceeds derived from the operation of the Oregon State Lottery to pay debt service on lottery bonds issued under this section to provide financial assistance to public agencies for wastewater pollution control, reduction or abatement activities an authorized use of state lottery funds under section 4, Article XV of the Oregon Constitution, and ORS 461.510 (State Lottery Fund).
(3) The aggregate principal amount of lottery bonds issued pursuant to this section to provide financial assistance for public agency waste water pollution control, reduction or abatement activities shall not exceed $8 million and an additional amount estimated by the State Treasurer to be necessary to pay bond-related costs. Lottery bonds authorized by this section shall be issued only at the request of the Director of the Department of Environmental Quality.
(4) The net proceeds of lottery bonds issued pursuant to this section shall be deposited in the Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund established by ORS 468.427 (Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund).
(5) The proceeds of lottery bonds issued pursuant to this section shall be used only for the purposes set forth in subsection (1) of this section and for bond-related costs. [2001 c.942 §3]
Note: 468.428 (Lottery bonds) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 468 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information