Definitions for ORS 466.901 to 466.915
(1) "Commission" means the Environmental Quality Commission.
(2) "Corrective action" means remedial action taken to protect the present or future public health, safety or welfare or the environment from a release of aircraft or marine fuel. "Corrective action" includes but is not limited to:
(a) The prevention, elimination, removal, abatement, control, minimization, investigation, assessment, evaluation or monitoring of a hazard or potential hazard or threat, including migration of released aircraft or marine fuel; or
(b) Transportation, storage, treatment or disposal of aircraft or marine fuel or contaminated material from a site.
(3) "Department" means the Department of Environmental Quality.
(4) "Facility" means any one or combination of fuel tanks and pipes connected to the tanks, used to contain an accumulation of aircraft or marine fuel including gasoline or diesel oil, that are located at one contiguous geographical site.
(5) "Fuel tank" means an underground storage tank, as defined in ORS 466.706 (Definitions for ORS 466.706 to 466.882 and 466.994), used to contain an accumulation of aircraft or marine fuel.
(6) "Investigation" means monitoring, surveying, testing or other information gathering.
(7) "Owner" means the owner of a fuel tank.
(8) "Port" has the meaning given that term in ORS 777.005 (Definitions for ORS 777.005 to 777.725 and 777.915 to 777.953). "Port" includes an airport, as defined in ORS 836.005 (Definitions), that is owned by a port.
(9) "Release" means the discharge, deposit, injection, dumping, spilling, emitting, leaking or placing of aircraft or marine fuel from a fuel tank into the air or into or on land or the waters of the state, other than as authorized by a permit issued under state or federal law.
(10) "Stage I vapor collection system" means a system where fuel vapors are forced from a tank into a vapor-tight holding system or vapor control system through direct displacement by the fuel being loaded.
(11) "Stage II vapor collection system" means a system where at least 90 percent, by weight, of the fuel vapors that are displaced or drawn from a fuel tank during refueling are transferred to a vapor-tight holding system or vapor control system.
(12) "Waters of the state" has the meaning given that term in ORS 468B.005 (Definitions for water pollution control laws). [1997 c.788 §1]
Note: 466.901 (Definitions for ORS 466.901 to 466.915) to 466.920 (Priority for distribution of funds by State Marine Board) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 466 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.