- • applications
- • conditions
(1) A person may make written application to the department for an exemption certificate on forms provided by the department. The department may require additional information or materials to accompany the application as it considers necessary for an accurate evaluation of the application.
(2) The department shall grant an exemption for residual amounts of PCB remaining in electric transformer cores after the PCB in a transformer is drained and the transformer is filled with a substitute approved under ORS 466.515 (Electric transformers or capacitors exempted).
(3) The department may grant an exemption for an item, product or material manufactured for sale, sold for use, or used by the person if the item, product or material contains incidental concentrations of PCB.
(4) In granting a certificate of exemption, the department shall impose conditions on the exemption in order that the exemption covers only incidental concentrations of PCB.
(5) As used in this section, "incidental concentrations of PCB" means concentrations of PCB which are beyond the control of the person and which are not the result of the person having:
(a) Exposed the item, product or material to concentrations of PCB.
(b) Failed to take reasonable measures to rid the item, product or material of concentrations of PCB.
(c) Failed to use a reasonable substitute for the item, product or material for which the exemption is sought. [Formerly 468.909]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.