- • use
(1) An annual fee may be required of every generator, air or water transporter and permittee under ORS 466.005 (Definitions for ORS 453.635 and 466.005 to 466.385) to 466.385 (Amendment of comprehensive plan and land use regulations) and 466.992 (Civil penalties for damage to wildlife resulting from contamination of food or water supply). The fee shall be in an amount determined by the Environmental Quality Commission to be adequate, less any federal funds budgeted therefor by legislative action, to carry on the monitoring, inspection and surveillance program established under ORS 466.195 (Monitoring and surveillance program) and to cover related administrative costs.
(2) A generator assessed an annual fee established under subsection (1) of this section shall pay only that part of the annual fee that exceeds the amount paid in the previous calendar year under ORS 465.375 (Monthly fee of operators) (3).
(3) A generator assessed an annual fee under subsection (1) of this section shall pay to the Department of Environmental Quality, as part of the annual fee, an annual hazardous waste generation fee of $130 per metric ton of waste generated during the year. Notwithstanding the amount of waste generated during the year, the hazardous waste generation fee paid under this subsection may not exceed $32,500.
(4) The limitation on the hazardous waste generation fee in subsection (3) of this section does not apply to late charges assessed by the department for failure to pay the hazardous waste generation fee by the due date.
(5) Fees collected under this section are continuously appropriated to the department to pay the cost of carrying on the monitoring, inspection and surveillance program under ORS 466.195 (Monitoring and surveillance program) and related administrative costs. [Formerly 459.610; 1987 c.540 §29; 1991 c.721 §3; 2003 c.654 §6; 2007 c.84 §1]
Note: Section 2, chapter 84, Oregon Laws 2007, provides:
Sec. 2. The amendments to ORS 466.165 (Annual fees) by section 1 of this 2007 Act apply to annual fees assessed on or after the effective date of this 2007 Act [January 1, 2008] for waste generated on or after January 1, 2007. [2007 c.84 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.