Rules and orders
In accordance with applicable provisions of ORS chapter 183, the Environmental Quality Commission shall:
(1) Adopt rules and issue orders thereon, including but not limited to establishing minimum requirements for the treatment, storage and disposal of hazardous wastes, minimum requirements for operation, maintenance, monitoring, reporting and supervision of treatment, storage or disposal sites, and requirements and procedures for selection of such sites.
(2) Adopt rules and issue orders thereon relating to the procedures of the Department of Environmental Quality to hearings, filing of reports, submission of plans and the issuance, revocation and modification of permits issued under ORS 466.005 (Definitions for ORS 453.635 and 466.005 to 466.385) to 466.385 (Amendment of comprehensive plan and land use regulations) and 466.992 (Civil penalties for damage to wildlife resulting from contamination of food or water supply).
(3) Adopt rules and issue orders thereon to classify as hazardous waste those residues defined in ORS 466.005 (Definitions for ORS 453.635 and 466.005 to 466.385) (7)(b).
(4) Adopt rules and issue orders thereon relating to reporting by generators of hazardous waste concerning type, amount and disposition of such hazardous waste and waste minimization activities. Rules may be adopted exempting certain classes of generators from such requirements.
(5) Adopt rules and issue orders relating to the transportation of hazardous waste by air or water.
(6) Adopt rules and issue orders relating to the production, marketing, distribution, transportation and burning of fuels containing or derived from hazardous waste.
(7) Adopt rules and issue orders relating to corrective action, including corrective action within the facility or beyond the facility boundary if necessary to protect public health or the environment, for all releases of hazardous waste or constituents of hazardous waste occurring from locations within the facility or originating within the facility and releasing beyond the facility boundary, from any hazardous waste treatment, storage or disposal facility, regardless of the time the hazardous waste was placed in the facility.
(8) Adopt rules and issue orders relating to the restriction or prohibition of nonhazardous liquid waste in a hazardous waste disposal site.
(9) Adopt rules necessary to implement the certification requirements of ORS 466.357 (Requirements for certain generators of hazardous waste). [Formerly 459.440; 1987 c.540 §6; 1989 c.833 §112]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information