State Lottery Fund
- • types of disbursements
(1) All money payable to the commission shall be deposited in an account known as the State Lottery Fund. The State Lottery Fund shall receive all proceeds from the sale of lottery tickets or shares, the temporary loan for initial start-up costs, interest and all other moneys credited to the Oregon State Lottery from any other lottery-related source. The State Lottery Fund is continuously appropriated for the purpose of administering and operating the commission and the state lottery.
(2) Disbursements shall be made from the State Lottery Fund for any of the following purposes:
(a) The payment of prizes to the holders of valid winning lottery tickets or shares;
(b) Expenses of the commission and the state lottery;
(c) Repayment of any funds advanced from the temporary loan for initial start-up costs and the interest on any such funds advanced; and
(d) Transfer of funds from the State Lottery Fund to the benefit of the public purpose described in section 4, Article XV of the Constitution of the State of Oregon.
(3) As nearly as practical, at least 50 percent of the total projected revenue, computed on a year-round basis, accruing from the sales of all state lottery tickets or shares shall be apportioned for payment of prizes.
(4) Expenses of the state lottery shall include all costs incurred in the operation and administration of the state lottery and all costs resulting from any contracts entered into for the purchase or lease of goods or services required by the commission including, but not limited to, the costs of supplies, materials, tickets, independent audit services, independent studies, data transmission, advertising, promotion, incentives, public relations, communications, compensation paid to lottery game retailers, bonding for lottery game retailers, printing, distribution of tickets and shares, reimbursing other governmental entities for services provided to the state lottery, transfers to a contingency reserve, and for any other goods and services necessary for effectuating the purposes of this chapter. No more than 16 percent of the total annual revenues accruing from the sale of all lottery tickets and shares from all lottery games shall be allocated for the payment of the expenses of the state lottery. The commission shall determine the amount necessary for a reasonable contingency reserve within the amount allocated for payment of expenses.
(5) The state lottery shall pay all prizes and all of its expenses out of the revenues it receives from the sale of tickets and shares to the public and turn over the net proceeds therefrom to a fund to be established by the Legislative Assembly from which the Legislative Assembly shall make appropriations for the benefit of the public purpose described in section 4, Article XV of the Constitution of the State of Oregon. [1985 c.2 §7(1) to (5); 1985 c.302 §7(1) to (5); 1987 c.268 §2; 1989 c.966 §52]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information