Local laws preempted
- • applicability of other laws
- • severability
(1) This chapter shall be applicable and uniform throughout the state and all political subdivisions and municipalities therein, and no local authority shall enact any ordinances, rules or regulations in conflict with the provisions hereof.
(2) Any other state or local law or regulation providing any penalty, disability or prohibition for the manufacture, transportation, distribution, advertising, possession or sale of any lottery tickets or shares shall not apply to the tickets or shares of the state lottery. The gambling laws of the State of Oregon shall not apply to lottery tickets or shares, or to the operation of the state lottery established by the Constitution of the State of Oregon and this chapter.
(3) If any provision of this chapter or the application thereof to any person or circumstance is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect other provisions or applications of this chapter which can be given effect without the invalid provision or application, and to this end the provisions of this chapter are severable.
(4) This chapter is dependent and is conditioned upon the passage by the voters at the November 6, 1984, general election of an amendment to section 4, Article XV of the Oregon Constitution authorizing state operation of a lottery.
(5) The Oregon State Lottery is subject to:
(a) Statewide financial reporting required in ORS 291.040 (State financial report).
(b) The mass transit assessment under ORS 291.405 (Assessment of state agencies for mass transit purposes).
(c) The deposit of state money to the State Treasurer under ORS 293.265 (Moneys collected to be turned over to State Treasurer). [1985 c.2 §8(2),(3),(5),(6),(9); 1985 c.302 §8(2),(3),(5),(6),(9)]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information