Unless the context requires otherwise, the definitions contained in this chapter shall govern the construction of this chapter.
(1) "Lottery" or "state lottery" means the Oregon State Lottery established and operated pursuant to the Constitution of the State of Oregon and this chapter.
(2) "Commissioner" means one of the members of the lottery commission appointed by the Governor pursuant to the Constitution of the State of Oregon and this chapter to oversee the state lottery.
(3) "Director" means the Director of the Oregon State Lottery appointed by the Governor pursuant to the Constitution of the State of Oregon and this chapter as the chief administrator of the Oregon State Lottery.
(4) "Lottery commission" or "commission" means the five-member body appointed by the Governor pursuant to the Constitution of the State of Oregon and this chapter to oversee the lottery and the director.
(5) "Lottery game" or "game" means any procedure authorized by the commission whereby prizes are distributed among persons who have paid, or unconditionally agreed to pay, for tickets or shares which provide the opportunity to win such prizes.
(6) "Person" means any natural person or corporation, trust, association, partnership, joint venture, subsidiary or other business entity.
(7) "Lottery game retailer" means a person with whom the lottery commission has contracted for the purpose of selling tickets or shares in lottery games to the public.
(8) "Lottery vendor" or "vendor" means any person who submits a bid, proposal or offer to provide goods or services to the commission or lottery.
(9) "Lottery contractor" means a person with whom the state lottery has contracted for the purpose of providing goods and services for the state lottery. [1985 c.2 §1(7); 1985 c.302 §1(7)]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.