Permits, licenses and certificates required
A person may not:
(1) Engage in the business of installation, alteration, repair or maintenance of an elevator without an elevator contractor license issued under ORS 460.005 (Definitions for ORS 460.005 to 460.175) to 460.175 (Disposition of fees) or 479.510 (Short title) to 479.945 (Restricted energy contractor's license).
(2) Install, alter, repair or maintain an elevator unless the person possesses a valid license issued under ORS 460.059 (Limited apprentice license) or 479.630 (Requirements for obtaining licenses) (6).
(3) Install, alter, or commence to install or alter, an elevator covered by ORS 460.005 (Definitions for ORS 460.005 to 460.175) to 460.175 (Disposition of fees) unless the Department of Consumer and Business Services has approved the plans and pertinent data for the installation or alteration.
(4) Permit or suffer an elevator to be operated, without a current operating permit, on property that the person owns, controls, manages or supervises.
(5) Act or offer to act as a certified elevator inspector unless the person has a current certificate of competency as an elevator inspector issued by the department.
(6) Place in service a new or altered elevator without a current operating permit issued after a satisfactory acceptance inspection made by the department and satisfactory acceptance tests performed in the presence of a member of the department’s staff of elevator inspectors.
(7) Place in service an elevator that has caused an injury to a person or persons unless permission has been obtained from the department. [1961 c.427 §5; 1973 c.528 §4; 1999 c.1031 §4; 2005 c.616 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.