Definitions for ORS 459.431 to 459.437
(1) "Alkaline manganese battery" means a battery consisting of manganese dioxide positive electrode material, zinc negative electrode material, and an alkaline electrolyte.
(2) "Battery" means one or more cells, each consisting of a positive electrode, a negative electrode, and an electrolyte.
(3) "Battery pack" means one or more batteries enclosed in a housing.
(4) "Consumer product" means any product sold primarily for family or household use, and which is normally sold through consumer retail distribution.
(5) "Distributor" means a seller of batteries.
(6) "Easily removed" means a battery or battery pack that is either detachable or readily removable from a consumer product by the consumer with the use of common household tools and that can be removed by the consumer without cutting or desoldering any wires.
(7) "Nickel cadmium battery" means a battery consisting of nickel positive electrode material and cadmium negative electrode material.
(8) "Small lead battery" means a battery consisting of positive and negative electrode materials which are lead or compounds thereof, used in nonvehicular applications, and weighing less than 25 pounds. [1991 c.653 §2; 1993 c.560 §57]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.