Definitions for ORS 458.670 to 458.700
(1) "Account holder" means a resident of this state who:
(a) Is 12 years of age or older;
(b) Is a member of a lower income household; and
(c) Has established an individual development account with a fiduciary organization.
(2) "Fiduciary organization" means an organization selected under ORS 458.695 (Selection of fiduciary organizations) to administer state moneys directed to individual development accounts and that is:
(a) A nonprofit, fund raising organization that is exempt from taxation under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code as amended and in effect on December 31, 2006; or
(b) A federally recognized Oregon Indian tribe that is located, to a significant degree, within the boundaries of this state.
(3) "Financial institution" means:
(a) An organization regulated under ORS chapters 706 to 716, 722 or 723; or
(b) In the case of individual development accounts established for the purpose described in ORS 458.685 (Approved purpose of account) (1)(c), a financial institution as defined in ORS 348.841 (Definitions for ORS 348.841 to 348.873).
(4) "Individual development account" means a contract between an account holder and a fiduciary organization, for the deposit of funds into a financial institution by the account holder, and the deposit of matching funds into the financial institution by the fiduciary organization, to allow the account holder to accumulate assets for use toward achieving a specific purpose approved by the fiduciary organization.
(5) "Lower income household" means a household having an income equal to or less than 80 percent of the median household income for the area as determined by the Housing and Community Services Department. In making the determination, the department shall give consideration to any data on area household income published by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
(6) "Resident of this state" has the meaning given that term in ORS 316.027 ("Resident" defined). [1999 c.1000 §1; 2001 c.648 §3; 2007 c.765 §2]
Note: 458.670 (Definitions for ORS 458.670 to 458.700) to 458.700 (Authority of fiduciary organizations) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 458 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information