Definitions for ORS 458.600 to 458.655
For purposes of ORS 458.600 (Policy and intent) to 458.655 (Disbursement of moneys in Home Ownership Assistance Account):
(1) "Council" means the State Housing Council established in ORS 456.567 (State Housing Council).
(2) "Department" means the Housing and Community Services Department established in ORS 456.555 (Housing and Community Services Department established).
(3) "Low income" means individuals or households that receive more than 50 percent but less than 80 percent of the area median income as determined by the council based on information from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
(4) "Organization" means a:
(a) Nonprofit corporation established under ORS chapter 65;
(b) Housing authority established under ORS 456.055 (General definitions for ORS 456.055 to 456.235) to 456.235 (Dissolution of housing authorities); or
(c) Local government as defined in ORS 197.015 (Definitions for ORS chapters 195, 196 and 197).
(5) "Persons with disabilities" means persons with handicaps described in 42 U.S.C. 3602(h).
(6) "Very low income" means individuals or households which receive less than 50 percent of the area median income as determined by the council based on information from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. [1991 c.740 §2; 1995 c.79 §271; 2007 c.70 §266]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information