Definitions for ORS 458.590 and 458.595
(1) "Child" means a person under 18 years of age.
(2) "Organizations and entities" means religious, charitable, scientific, educational, athletic or service organizations or local government entities that use volunteers.
(3) "Services" means the provision of care, treatment, education, training, instruction, supervision, transportation, recreation or support.
(4) "Unsupervised access" means a person is in the physical presence of a child or vulnerable person and:
(a) If in an enclosure, that no additional person aged 18 years or older is in the same enclosure as the person and the child or vulnerable person; or
(b) If outdoors, that no additional person aged 18 years or older:
(A) Is within 30 yards of the person and the child or vulnerable person; or
(B) Has visual contact with the person and with the child or vulnerable person.
(5) "Vulnerable person" means a person who:
(a) Is not a child;
(b) Is in need of services because of mental or other disability, age or illness; and
(c) Is unable to take care of themselves or protect themselves against exploitation or significant harm. [2007 c.82 §1]
Note: 458.585 (Definitions for ORS 458.590 and 458.595) to 458.595 (Outreach program regarding organization and entity screening of volunteers) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 458 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.