The Legislative Assembly finds that:
(1) Safe, affordable and readily available housing options for low-income individuals and families do not match the increasing need for such housing in this state.
(2) Much state-owned property is unused and could be made available to increase housing options for low-income individuals and families.
(3) Unused property kept for long periods of time generally decreases in value.
(4) A method to dispose of or transfer such property and have it utilized for a public purpose is in the interests of the people of this state.
(5) It will further the public interest to put unused state-owned real property at the disposal of nonprofit housing providers and housing authorities to address the housing needs of low-income individuals and families in this state. [1989 c.440 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information