Limitation on revenue bond amount
- • legislative findings
- • designation of areas for issuance of qualified mortgage bonds
(1) The aggregate principal amount of bonds issued under ORS 456.645 (Revenue bonds) that may be outstanding is $2.5 billion, excluding bonds issued under and within the limits provided in ORS 456.515 (Definitions for ORS 456.515 to 456.725 and ORS chapter 458) to 456.725 (Discrimination against purchaser with children prohibited) and any bonds that have been refunded. The amount of $30 million of the total $2.5 billion of bonds authorized under this section or proceeds from the sale of the bonds shall be made exclusively available for making or participating in making residential loans for single-family homes in cities with a population of 300,000 or more in the manner specified in ORS 456.593 (Use of bonds for single-family home loans in Portland). No more than $10 million of the bonds authorized under this section or proceeds from the sale of the bonds shall be made available for residential loans for home improvements.
(2) ORS 286A.095 (Compliance with constitutional or statutory debt limit) applies for purposes of determining limitations under this section.
(3) The Legislative Assembly finds that:
(a) Pursuant to ORS 456.515 (Definitions for ORS 456.515 to 456.725 and ORS chapter 458) to 456.725 (Discrimination against purchaser with children prohibited), the Housing and Community Services Department has served as the sole department or instrumentality of the state authorized to coordinate and establish statewide priorities for housing programs and to provide planning and technical assistance to sponsors of housing for persons and families of lower income throughout the state.
(b) The department’s activities have been instrumental in alleviating the serious shortage of decent, safe and sanitary housing for lower income persons.
(c) Continuation of the department’s programs for financing owner-occupied residential housing to the fullest extent practicable under the Internal Revenue Code is a matter of paramount concern to the state.
(4) The department shall designate areas of chronic economic distress within the state for the purpose of issuing qualified mortgage bonds as described in section 143 of the Internal Revenue Code. [1979 c.327 §11 (enacted in lieu of 456.660); 1981 c.504 §8; 1981 c.691 §3; 1985 c.205 §1; 1995 c.79 §258; 1999 c.698 §2; 2001 c.114 §51; 2005 c.643 §2; 2007 c.783 §201]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information