Project funding notification registry
(1) The Housing and Community Services Department shall establish a registry system for persons requesting to be notified when department-proposed funding awards are contemplated for multifamily housing projects.
(2) Any person may register with the department to receive the notification described in subsection (1) of this section. A person may request notification for multifamily housing projects on a statewide basis or may limit the request to projects within specific areas of the state as identified by the department. The department may charge a reasonable fee for the registration.
(3) If the department proposes funding for a multifamily housing project, the department shall send written notice of the funding proposal to all persons who are at that time registered to receive the notice under this section. The department may send notice to persons the department believes may be interested but who are not registered to receive notice. The department shall not proceed with awarding funding for a multifamily housing project prior to the 30th day after the sending of notice to all persons entitled under this subsection to notice of the funding proposal.
(4) Notice sent under this section shall be limited to stating the deadline for filing comments and the type of housing, number of units, sponsor and location of the proposed project. The notice shall not include any information made exempt from public disclosure under ORS 192.502 (Other public records exempt from disclosure) (24).
(5) During the period after the department proposes funding for a multifamily housing project and prior to the department proceeding with awarding the funding, any interested person may file comments regarding the project with the department.
(6) At the discretion of the Director of the Housing and Community Services Department, the department may conduct a market study or take other actions in response to comments filed in regard to multifamily housing projects proposed for funding.
(7) Subsections (3), (5) and (6) of this section apply only to multifamily housing project funding for construction, acquisition or rehabilitation loans, grants or tax program awards that otherwise do not include an independently prepared, project-specific market study as part of the department review, approval or underwriting process.
(8) As used in this section, "housing project" has the meaning given that term in ORS 456.065 (Definition of "housing project"). [1999 c.471 §1; 2007 c.152 §4]
Note: 456.623 (Project funding notification registry) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 456 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.