ORS 456.585¹
Farmworker housing information

The Housing and Community Services Department shall serve as the primary state agency for farmworker housing information. The department shall perform the following duties related to farmworker housing information:

(1) Develop an information center for farmworker housing financing information. The department shall consult with private organizations and the Farmworker Housing Facilitation Team established pursuant to subsection (3) of this section in developing and operating the information center. The information center shall include provision for access by the Internet.

(2) To the extent practicable, simplify the application process for funding farmworker housing projects.

(3) Establish a Farmworker Housing Facilitation Team to provide an ongoing discussion forum for state and local government agencies that are involved with farmworker housing. Team members shall include the Housing and Community Services Department, the Occupational Safety and Health Division, the State Department of Agriculture, the Department of Land Conservation and Development, the Employment Department and the Oregon State University Extension Service. The Housing and Community Services Department shall also invite Rural Development and the Farm Service Agency of the United States Department of Agriculture, the United States Department of Labor, local planning agencies and other interested persons to be members of the team.

(4) Ensure that homeowner assistance programs engage in outreach efforts to contact farmworkers.

(5) Promote the establishment and use of individual development accounts by farmworkers and others.

(6) Use a statewide map of crop diversity to determine housing needs, and facilitate the development of farmworker housing in appropriate locations.

(7) Look at creative ways to provide housing, including but not limited to time-share housing, cooperative housing, mobile and portable housing and modular housing.

(8) Work with private businesses, state agencies and nonprofit organizations to maximize the development of farmworker housing.

(9) To the extent practicable, refer housing-based conflicts to dispute resolution processes. [2001 c.625 §1; 2007 c.71 §141]

Note: 456.585 (Farmworker housing information) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 456 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.

1 Legislative Counsel Committee, CHAPTER 456—Housing, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­456.­html (2007) (last ac­cessed Feb. 12, 2009).
2 OregonLaws.org contains the con­tents of Volume 21 of the ORS, inserted along­side the per­tin­ent statutes. See the preface to the ORS An­no­ta­tions for more information.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information