State Housing Council
- • appointment
- • term
- • officers
- • compensation
- • staff
- • budget duties
(1) The State Housing Council is established. The council shall consist of seven members appointed by the Governor subject to confirmation by the Senate under ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation).
(2) The term of office of each member is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on July 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to be immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(3) The Governor shall appoint the chairperson of the council.
(4) The members of the council are entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(5) The Director of the Housing and Community Services Department shall provide clerical and other necessary support services to the council.
(6) The council shall advise the Housing and Community Services Department regarding the department’s biennial budget proposal prior to its submittal to the Oregon Department of Administrative Services. The council’s budget advice shall be limited to personnel, materials and services, and capital outlay items necessary to implement housing programs. [Formerly 456.590; 1987 c.414 §16; 1989 c.307 §4; 1991 c.739 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.