Definitions for ORS 456.510 and 456.513
(1) "Accessible" means that housing complies with federal accessibility guidelines implementing the Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988, 42 U.S.C. 3601 et seq., as amended and in effect on January 1, 2004.
(2) "Common living space" means a living room, family room, dining room or kitchen.
(3) "Contiguous units" means units that are on the same tax lot or on contiguous tax lots that have a common boundary. Tax lots that are separated by a public road are contiguous tax lots for purposes of this subsection.
(4) "New" means that the housing being constructed did not previously exist in residential or nonresidential form. "New" does not include the acquisition, alteration, renovation or remodeling of an existing structure.
(5) "Powder room" means a room containing at least a toilet and sink.
(6) "Rental housing" means a dwelling unit designed for nonowner occupancy under a tenancy typically lasting six months or longer.
(7) "Subsidized development" means housing that receives one or more of the following development subsidies from the Housing and Community Services Department:
(a) The federal low-income housing tax credit under 26 U.S.C. 42(a), if no part of the eligible basis prior to the application of 26 U.S.C. 42(i)(2)(B) was financed with an obligation described in 26 U.S.C. 42(h)(4)(A), all as amended and in effect on January 1, 2004;
(b) A farmworker housing tax credit, as described in ORS 315.164 (Farmworker housing projects);
(c) A loan that qualifies the lending institution for a subsidized housing loan tax credit, as described in under ORS 317.097 (Lending institution loans for housing);
(d) Funding under the federal HOME Investment Partnerships Act, 42 U.S.C. 12721 to 12839, as amended and in effect on January 1, 2004;
(e) Moneys from the Oregon Housing Fund created under ORS 458.620 (Oregon Housing Fund created); or
(f) Moneys from other grant or tax incentive programs administered by the Housing and Community Services Department under ORS 456.559 (Powers and duties of department).
(8) "Visitable" means capable of being approached, entered and used by individuals with mobility impairments, including but not limited to individuals using wheelchairs. [2003 c.431 §2]
Note: See note under 456.506 (Findings).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.