ORS 456.315¹
Powers of state public bodies in aiding or cooperating on housing projects

(1) For the purpose of aiding and cooperating in the planning, undertaking, construction or operation of housing projects located within the area in which it is authorized to act, any state public body may upon such terms, with or without consideration, as it may determine:

(a) Dedicate, sell, convey or lease any of its property to a housing authority or the federal government.

(b) Cause parks, playgrounds, recreational, community, educational, water, sewer or drainage facilities, or any other works which it may otherwise undertake, to be furnished adjacent to or in connection with housing projects.

(c) Furnish, dedicate, close, pave, install, grade, regrade, plan or replan streets, roads, roadways, alleys, sidewalks or other places which it may otherwise undertake.

(d) Plan or replan, zone or rezone any part of such state public body and make exceptions from building regulations and ordinances. Any city or town also may change its map.

(e) Enter into agreements with a housing authority or the federal government respecting action to be taken by such state public body pursuant to any of the powers granted by ORS 456.305 (Definitions for ORS 456.305 to 456.325) to 456.325 (Resolution to exercise powers).

(f) Do any and all things, necessary or convenient to aid and cooperate in the planning, undertaking, construction or operation of such housing projects.

(g) Purchase or legally invest in any of the bonds of a housing authority and exercise all the rights of any holder of such bonds.

(2) With respect to any housing project which a housing authority has acquired or taken over from the federal government and which the housing authority by resolution has found and declared to have been constructed in a manner that will promote the public interest and afford necessary safety, sanitation and other protection, no state public body shall require any changes to be made in the housing project or the manner of its construction or take any other action relating to such construction.

(3) In connection with any public improvements made by a state public body in exercising the powers granted in this section, a state public body may incur the entire expense thereof. [Amended by 2003 c.14 §288]

Atty. Gen. Opinions

Gift by state Transporta­tion Commission of state highway right of way land to Portland Housing Authority, or like body, (1977) Vol 38, p 1421

1 Legislative Counsel Committee, CHAPTER 456—Housing, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­456.­html (2007) (last ac­cessed Feb. 12, 2009).
2 Legislative Counsel Committee, Annotations to the Oregon Revised Stat­utes, Cumulative Supplement - 2007, Chapter 456, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­456ano.­htm (2007) (last ac­cessed Feb. 12, 2009).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information