Research, planning, construction and operation of housing projects
Within its area of operation, a housing authority may:
(1) Investigate into living, dwelling and housing conditions and into the means and methods of improving such conditions by either the housing authority or the private market.
(2) Determine where blighted areas exist or where there is a shortage of decent, safe and sanitary housing for persons or families of lower income.
(3) Make studies and recommendations relating to the problem of clearing, replanning and reconstructing blighted areas to provide affordable housing and the problem of providing housing for persons or families of lower income. An authority is encouraged to cooperate with the private market and the city, county or state or any of their political subdivisions in action taken in connection with identifying and solving such problems.
(4) Engage in research, studies and experimentation on the subject of housing.
(5) Prepare, carry out, acquire, lease and operate housing projects.
(6) Provide for the construction, reconstruction, improvement, alteration or repair of any housing project or any part thereof. [Amended by 1973 c.672 §10; 1995 c.445 §7; 2007 c.606 §9]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.