Definitions for ORS 455.800 to 455.820
(1) "Building official" means a person who is a building official as defined in ORS 455.715 (Definitions for ORS 455.715 to 455.740) or a Department of Consumer and Business Services employee charged with enforcement or administration of the state building code.
(2) "Building trade committee" means a group composed of experienced and knowledgeable local general contractors or other persons having substantial expertise in various aspects of one and two family dwelling construction under the Low-Rise Residential Dwelling Code.
(3) "General contractor" has the meaning given that term in ORS 701.005 (Definitions).
(4) "Master builder" means a person certified under ORS 455.810 (Certificates).
(5) "Qualified construction company" means a company that has been:
(a) Continuously licensed by the Construction Contractors Board during the preceding 60 months as a general contractor; or
(b) Continuously licensed by the Construction Contractors Board during at least the preceding 24 months as a general contractor and by one or more other states during the balance of the preceding 60 months in an occupation equivalent to that of a general contractor.
(6) "Regular employee" means a person who:
(a) Is continuously employed by, and on the regular payroll of, a qualified construction company;
(b) Has filed a withholding exemption certificate pursuant to ORS 316.182 (Exemption certificate) for work performed for the qualified construction company; and
(c) Is available during working hours to supervise on-site dwelling construction, including but not limited to supervising the installation of:
(B) Electrical systems;
(G) Mechanical systems;
(H) Plumbing systems; and
(7) "Whole dwelling remodel" means a project that includes the installation in an existing dwelling of all of the following:
(b) Electrical systems;
(g) Mechanical systems; and
(h) Plumbing systems. [2001 c.406 §1; 2003 c.675 §38]
Note: 455.800 (Definitions for ORS 455.800 to 455.820) to 455.820 (Plan review and verification) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 455 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information