Definitions for ORS 455.640 to 455.645
(1) As used in ORS 455.640 (Definitions for ORS 455.640 to 455.645) to 455.645 (Certain plans for structures of public assembly to be certified), unless the context otherwise requires, the words, terms and phrases defined in subsections (2) to (5) of this section shall have the meaning given them in those subsections.
(2) "Architect" means an architect as defined in ORS 671.010 (Definitions for ORS 671.010 to 671.220) in accordance with the rules and regulations of the State Board of Architect Examiners.
(3) "Certified structure" means a structure designed by a professional engineer or architect as defined in this section.
(4) "Professional engineer" means an engineer as defined in ORS 672.002 (Definitions for ORS 672.002 to 672.325) in accordance with the rules and regulations of the State Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying.
(5) "Structures of public assembly" means structures which the public may enter for such purposes as deliberation, education, worship, shopping, entertainment, amusement or awaiting transportation. [Formerly 456.965]
Note: 455.640 (Definitions for ORS 455.640 to 455.645), 455.642 (Application) and 455.645 (Certain plans for structures of public assembly to be certified) were added to and made a part of ORS chapter 455 by legislative action but were not added to any smaller series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.