Permit, fee, plan check and inspection provisions apply
- • notice of noncompliance to owner-builder
- • recording of notice
- • notice to purchasers
(1) Permit, fee, plan check and inspection requirements required by ORS 455.210 (Fees) shall apply to owner-built dwellings and outbuildings exempted from the structural code under ORS 455.330 (Counties authorized to exempt owner-built dwellings in rural areas from structural code).
(2) Building officials or specialty code inspectors licensed under ORS 455.457 (Licensing specialty code inspectors and plan reviewers) inspecting structures exempted from the structural code under ORS 455.325 (Definitions for ORS 455.325 to 455.350) to 455.350 (Purchaser's remedies), shall:
(a) Require the owner-builder to comply with those structural code requirements listed under ORS 455.340 (Code requirements to which exemption may not apply); and
(b) Inform the owner-builder in writing of those items which fail to comply with code standards and are exempt from code standards and make that information part of the permanent inspection record on the structures.
(3) An owner-builder of a structure exempted from the structural code under ORS 455.325 (Definitions for ORS 455.325 to 455.350) to 455.350 (Purchaser's remedies) shall file a notice with the county clerk who shall make the notice a part of the permanent deed record of the property. That notice shall contain the information provided to the owner-builder under subsection (2)(b) of this section and a description of the property sufficient if it were contained in a mortgage of the property to give constructive notice of the mortgage under the law of this state.
(4) Any person, or that person’s agent, selling an owner-built dwelling or outbuilding exempted from the structural code under ORS 455.325 (Definitions for ORS 455.325 to 455.350) to 455.350 (Purchaser's remedies) shall notify each potential buyer of the existence, location and contents of the notice filed under subsection (3) of this section prior to any commitment to purchase the property. [Formerly 456.945; 1999 c.1045 §16; 1999 c.1082 §12]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information