Notice of violation
- • service
- • request for hearing
- • conduct of hearing
- • order
(1) Whenever the Department of Environmental Quality has reasonable grounds for believing that any subsurface sewage disposal system, alternative sewage disposal system or nonwater-carried sewage disposal facility or part thereof is being operated or maintained in violation of any rule adopted pursuant to ORS 454.625 (Rules), it shall give written notice to the person or persons in control of such system or facility.
(2) The notice required under subsection (1) of this section shall include the following:
(a) Citation of the rule allegedly violated;
(b) The manner and extent of the alleged violation; and
(c) A statement of the party’s right to request a hearing.
(3) The notice shall be served personally or by registered or certified mail and shall be accompanied by an order of the department requiring remedial action which, if taken within the time specified in the order, will effect compliance with the rule allegedly violated. The order shall become final unless a request for hearing is made by the party receiving the notice within 10 days from the date of personal service or the date of mailing of the notice.
(4) The form of petition for hearing and the procedures employed in the hearing shall be consistent with the requirements of ORS chapter 183 and shall be in accordance with rules adopted by the Environmental Quality Commission.
(5) The order shall be affirmed or reversed by the commission after hearing. A copy of the commission’s decision setting forth findings of fact and conclusions shall be sent by registered or certified mail to the petitioner or served personally upon the petitioner. An appeal from such decision may be made as provided in ORS 183.480 (Judicial review of agency orders) relating to a contested case. [1973 c.835 §211; 1975 c.167 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information