Hazardous substance survey
- • rules
- • information to be supplied
(1) The State Fire Marshal shall develop a hazardous substance survey and distribute the survey to employers in this state. The survey shall request the following information from such employers:
(a) The identity and hazard classification of the hazardous substance as listed on a material safety data sheet;
(b) The approximate amount and location of the hazardous substance;
(c) The name and telephone number of personnel qualified to give technical, onsite information about hazardous substances; and
(d) Any procedures established by the employer for the control of hazardous substances in the event of an emergency.
(2) In addition to the information to be provided under subsection (1) of this section, the State Fire Marshal may by rule establish additional requirements for obtaining hazardous substance information the State Fire Marshal considers necessary. All rules adopted under this subsection shall be adopted after public hearing in accordance with ORS chapter 183.
(3) Any employer receiving a hazardous substance survey shall complete the hazardous substance survey and return it to the State Fire Marshal not later than March 1 of each year or within 60 days after the date the State Fire Marshal mails the hazardous substance survey, whichever is later.
(4) The State Fire Marshal shall update the hazardous substance survey once every 12 months.
(5) An employer shall update and return the hazardous substance survey on or before March 1 of each year or within 60 days after the date the State Fire Marshal mails the survey, whichever is later, or an employer shall update the hazardous substance survey whenever any substantive information required to be provided changes, whichever situation occurs most often.
(6) The Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services shall participate in the development and updating of the hazardous substance survey and shall have access to the data included in the survey.
(7) The State Fire Marshal may conduct an inspection to confirm the validity of a hazardous substance survey required by this section. The inspection shall be conducted according to the provisions of ORS 476.150 (Entry and inspection of premises). [1985 c.683 §6; 1985 c.696 §6; 1985 c.726 §4; 1987 c.259 §6; 1991 c.804 §1; 2005 c.825 §13]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information