Powers of district under ORS 451.410 to 451.610
For the purpose of carrying out the powers granted to the district under other provisions of ORS 451.410 (Definitions for ORS 451.410 to 451.610) to 451.610 (Advisory committee for emergency reporting), the district may:
(1) Supervise, manage, control, operate and maintain service facilities.
(2) Compel all residents and property owners in a district to connect their property, houses and structures requiring sewage disposal or surface drainage with adjacent sewers or other sewage or drainage facilities in the district.
(3) Acquire by purchase, gift, devise, condemnation proceedings or by any other means, such real and personal property and rights of way, either within or without the county, as in the judgment of the governing body of the district are necessary or proper in the exercise of the powers of the district, and to pay for and hold the same.
(4) Make and accept contracts, deeds, releases and documents which, in the judgment of the governing body of the district, are necessary or proper in the exercise of the powers of the district.
(5) Employ and pay necessary agents, employees and assistants.
(6) Construct service facilities in and on any public street, highway or road and for this purpose enter upon the street, highway or road, make all necessary and proper excavations, and thereafter restore the street, highway or road to its proper condition. However, the consent of the appropriate city, county or state authorities, as the case may be, shall first be obtained and the conditions of such consent complied with.
(7) Exercise the authority vested in counties under ORS 549.710 (Powers of counties with populations in excess of 50,000) to 549.990 (Penalties).
(8) Exercise the authority granted to domestic water supply districts under ORS 264.306 (Regulations concerning use of water and district property) to 264.330 (Hydrants for fire protection).
(9) Adopt storm and surface water management plans, programs and regulations relating to the quality and quantity of such waters and conduct water quality studies.
(10) Do any act necessary or proper to the complete exercise and effect of any of its powers under ORS 451.410 (Definitions for ORS 451.410 to 451.610) to 451.610 (Advisory committee for emergency reporting). [1955 c.685 §15; 1963 c.515 §20; 1965 c.305 §1; 1973 c.785 §22; 1989 c.374 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information