Methods of financing service facilities
The district may, in accordance with the order adopted under ORS 451.485 (Governing body of district), finance the construction, operation or maintenance of service facilities for a district by:
(1) Use of funds from a fund established under ORS 280.055 (Obtaining and advancing of funds to county service districts) or 451.540 (Tax levy for financing service facilities) to be repaid by the district without interest.
(2) Assessments against the property in the district with or without issuance of bonds authorized under ORS 223.205 (Scope and application), 223.210 (Right of property owners to apply for installment payment of assessment) to 223.295 (Limit on city indebtedness) and 223.770 (Assessment of public property benefited by improvements).
(3) Service or user charges in the district.
(4) Connection charges.
(5) District ad valorem taxes.
(6) Sale of bonds.
(7) Funds obtained under ORS 280.040 (Definitions for ORS 280.040 to 280.145), 280.050 (Providing funds for financing cost of services, projects, property and equipment), 280.060 (Levy of local option taxes outside constitutional limitation), 280.070 (Manner of holding elections for local option tax or permanent rate limit), 280.080 (Contents of order, resolution or ordinance calling election) and 280.090 (Submission of several proposals to impose local option taxes). A district local option tax adopted under ORS 280.060 (Levy of local option taxes outside constitutional limitation) shall not authorize a tax in any fiscal year later than the fiscal year in which the district is subject to dissolution under ORS 451.620 (Procedures for district formed subject to dissolution) (1) and (2).
(8) Any combination of the provisions of subsections (1) to (7) of this section. [1955 c.685 §9; 1961 c.576 §15; 1963 c.515 §15; 1969 c.646 §9; 1973 c.785 §13; 1987 c.504 §12; 1995 c.333 §24; 1999 c.21 §75]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information