State Drinking Water Advisory Committee
- • rules
(1) The State Drinking Water Advisory Committee is created to advise and assist the Department of Human Services on policies related to the protection, safety and regulation of public drinking water in Oregon.
(2) The committee created under this section shall consist of 15 members appointed by the Public Health Officer. The officer shall make the appointments after considering nominees from:
(a) Public water systems of cities with a population greater than 100,000;
(b) Privately owned water systems;
(c) Environmental advocacy groups;
(d) The American Council of Engineering Companies of Oregon;
(e) The Conference of Local Health Officials created by ORS 431.330 (Conference of Local Health Officials);
(f) The League of Oregon Cities;
(g) The League of Women Voters of Oregon;
(h) The Oregon Association of Water Utilities;
(i) The Oregon Environmental Health Association;
(j) The Oregon Environmental Laboratory Association;
(k) The Pacific Northwest Section of the American Water Works Association;
(L) The Special Districts Association of Oregon;
(m) Organizations representing plumbers or backflow testers;
(n) Water consumers; and
(o) Watershed councils.
(3) The committee shall adopt rules to govern its proceedings and shall select a chair and any other officers it considers necessary.
(4) The members shall be appointed to serve for terms of three years. A vacancy on the committee shall be filled by appointment by the Public Health Officer for the unexpired term.
(5) The committee shall meet regularly four times a year at times and places fixed by the chair of the committee. The committee may meet at other times specified by the chair or a majority of the members of the committee.
(6) The Department of Human Services shall provide assistance and space for meetings as requested by the chair of the committee.
(7) Members of the committee shall be entitled to actual and necessary expenses as provided by ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions) (2). [2007 c.572 §1]
Note: 448.153 (State Drinking Water Advisory Committee) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 448 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
Note: Section 2, chapter 572, Oregon Laws 2007, provides:
Sec. 2. Notwithstanding the term of office specified in section 1 of this 2007 Act [448.153 (State Drinking Water Advisory Committee)], of the members first appointed to the State Drinking Water Advisory Committee:
(1) Five shall serve for terms ending June 30, 2009.
(2) Five shall serve for terms ending June 30, 2010.
(3) Five shall serve for terms ending June 30, 2011. [2007 c.572 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.