Water quality, construction and installation standards
- • rules
- • effect on existing facilities
- • fees
(1) The Department of Human Services shall adopt water quality standards that are necessary to protect the public health through insuring safe drinking water within a water system.
(2) In order to insure safe drinking water, the department shall prescribe:
(a) Construction standards governing the performance of a water system insofar as they relate to the safety of drinking water.
(b) Standards for the operation of water systems in so far as they relate to the delivery of safe drinking water.
(c) Other standards and requirements considered necessary by the department to insure safe drinking water.
(3) The department shall require that construction and installation plans be submitted and approved before construction begins on new systems or substantial improvements are made to old systems. The department may adopt rules exempting certain water systems from the plan review process.
(4) The department may impose and collect a fee from a water supplier for reviewing construction and installation plans.
(5) Nothing in this section authorizes the department to require alterations of existing facilities unless alterations are necessary to insure safe drinking water. [1981 c.749 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information