Definitions for ORS 448.005 to 448.090
(1) "Bathhouse" means a structure that contains dressing rooms, showers and toilet facilities for use with an adjacent public swimming pool.
(2) "Department" means the Department of Human Services.
(3) "Director" means the Director of Human Services.
(4) "Person" has the meaning given that term in ORS 174.100 (Definitions), but also includes municipalities, recreation districts, counties and state agencies or instrumentalities.
(5) "Public spa pool" means a public swimming pool or wading pool designed primarily to direct water or air-enriched water under pressure onto the bather’s body with the intent of producing a relaxing or therapeutic effect.
(6) "Public swimming pool" means an artificial structure, and its appurtenances, that contains water more than two feet deep, is expressly designated or used with the knowledge and consent of the owner or operator for swimming or recreational bathing, and is for the use of any segment of the public. "Public swimming pool" includes, but is not limited to, swimming pools owned or operated by:
(a) Travelers’ accommodations;
(b) Recreation parks;
(e) Organizational camps as defined in ORS 446.310 (Definitions for ORS 446.310 to 446.350);
(h) Business establishments for their patrons or employees;
(i) Private persons and that are open to the public;
(j) Recreation districts;
(L) Counties; or
(m) State agencies.
(7) "Public wading pool" means an artificial structure, and its appurtenances, that contains water less than two feet deep, is expressly designated or used with the knowledge and consent of the owner or operator for wading or recreational bathing, and is for the use of any segment of the public, whether limited to patrons of a companion facility or not.
(8) "Recreation park" means those facilities as defined by ORS 446.310 (Definitions for ORS 446.310 to 446.350).
(9) "Travelers’ accommodation" means those facilities as defined by ORS 446.310 (Definitions for ORS 446.310 to 446.350).
(10) "Variance" means written permission from the department for a public swimming pool, public spa pool or public wading pool to be operated when it does not comply with all the applicable rules for public swimming pools, public spa pools or public wading pools. [1961 c.566 §1; 1973 c.215 §1; 1979 c.453 §1; 1983 c.707 §22; 1983 c.781 §1; 1999 c.59 §125; 2001 c.104 §186; 2001 c.900 §195]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information