ORS 446.636¹
Manufactured structure trip permits

(1) For a new manufactured structure, the manufactured structure dealer must obtain the trip permit on behalf of the owner. If the dealer fails to obtain the trip permit prior to the scheduled moving date, the vehicle transporter must obtain the trip permit on behalf of the owner.

(2) For a used manufactured structure, the owner must obtain a trip permit from the county assessor for the county in which the manufactured structure is sited.

(3) Notwithstanding subsections (1) and (2) of this subsection, if a dealer or vehicle transporter refuses to obtain a trip permit as required by subsection (1) of this section, or if a county assessor refuses to issue a trip permit to an owner who has complied with ORS 446.631 (Process for moving manufactured structure), the owner may apply directly to the Department of Consumer and Business Services for a trip permit.

(4) The department may issue trip permits in bulk to a manufactured structure dealer or vehicle transporter. [2003 c.655 §22a]

Note: See note under 446.561 (Definitions for ORS 446.566 to 446.646).

1 Legislative Counsel Committee, CHAPTER 446—Manufactured Dwellings and Structures; Parks; Tourist Facilities; Ownership Records; Dealers and Dealerships, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­446.­html (2007) (last ac­cessed Feb. 12, 2009).
2 OregonLaws.org contains the con­tents of Volume 21 of the ORS, inserted along­side the per­tin­ent statutes. See the preface to the ORS An­no­ta­tions for more information.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information