Definitions for ORS 446.310 to 446.350
(1) "Camping vehicle" means either a vacation trailer or a self-propelled vehicle or structure equipped with wheels for highway use and that is intended for human occupancy and is being used for vacation and recreational purposes, but not for residential purposes, and is equipped with plumbing, sink or toilet.
(2) "Construction" means work regulated by the state building code as defined in ORS 455.010 (Definitions for ORS chapter 455).
(3) "Department" means the Department of Human Services.
(4) "Director" means the Director of Human Services.
(5) "Health official" means a local public health administrator appointed pursuant to ORS 431.418 (Local public health administrator).
(6) "Hostel" means any establishment having beds rented or kept for rent on a daily basis to travelers for a charge or fee paid or to be paid for rental or use of facilities and that is operated, managed or maintained under the sponsorship of a nonprofit organization that holds a valid exemption from federal income taxes under the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 as amended.
(7) "Organizational camp" includes any area designated by the person establishing, operating, managing or maintaining the same for recreational use by groups or organizations that include but are not limited to youth camps, scout camps, summer camps, day camps, nature camps, survival camps, athletic camps, camps that are operated and maintained under the guidance, supervision or auspices of religious, public and private educational systems and community service organizations.
(8) "Picnic park" means any recreation park that is for day use only and provides no recreation vehicle or overnight camping spaces.
(9) "Recreation park" means any area designated by the person establishing, operating, managing or maintaining the same for picnicking, overnight camping or use of recreational vehicles by the general public or any segment of the public. "Recreation park" includes but is not limited to areas open to use free of charge or through payment of a tax or fee or by virtue of rental, lease, license, membership, association or common ownership and further includes, but is not limited to, those areas divided into two or more lots, parcels, units or other interests for purposes of such use.
(10) "Regulating agency" means, with respect to a tourist facility, the Department of Human Services.
(11) "Tourist facility" means any travelers’ accommodation, hostel, picnic park, recreation park and organizational camp.
(12) "Travelers’ accommodation" includes any establishment, which is not a hostel, having rooms, apartments or sleeping facilities rented or kept for rent on a daily or weekly basis to travelers or transients for a charge or fee paid or to be paid for rental or use of facilities. [1969 c.533 §2; 1973 c.560 §13; 1981 c.749 §27; 1983 c.707 §8; 1985 c.809 §5; 1987 c.414 §23; 1997 c.259 §1; 2001 c.900 §194; 2005 c.22 §316]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.