Additional benefits permitted within limits
If it is made to appear to the Department of Human Services that the limitations of ORS 445.060 (Limitation on benefits for care supplied) are not sufficient to provide necessary and adequate care of an indigent patient and that the condition of the indigent patient warrants such action, the department, in its sole discretion, the exercise of which shall be conclusive and not in any wise subject to review, may authorize the supplying of additional care to the indigent patient of the same type as the types of initial care authorized by this chapter and may pay for the same from the Motor Vehicle Accident Fund. No claim for additional care shall be enforceable under this chapter unless the department first approves and authorizes in writing the supplying of such additional care. No single authorization shall be for more than:
(1) For additional care supplied by a hospital or hospitals, $500.
(2) For additional care supplied by a doctor or doctors, $300.
(3) For additional care supplied by a nurse or nurses, $200.
(4) For additional care supplied by a pharmacy or pharmacies, $100.
(5) For additional care supplied by an ambulance operator or ambulance operators, $50.
(6) For additional care supplied by a supplier or suppliers of prosthetic appliances and services, $100.
(7) For additional care supplied by a licensed physical therapist or licensed physical therapists, $100. [Amended by 1969 c.260 §3; 1973 c.141 §3; 1985 c.279 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.