Responsibilities of residential facility regarding property of resident
(1) The admission of a person to a residential facility shall not act to create in the facility, its owner, administrator or employee any authority to manage, use or dispose of any property of the resident, or any authority or responsibility for the personal affairs of the person, except as may be necessary for the safety and orderly management of the facility and as may be required by this section.
(2) No owner, administrator or employee of a residential facility may act as guardian, conservator, trustee or attorney in fact for any resident of the facility unless the resident is related to the owner, administrator or employee within the third degree of consanguinity. This subsection shall not prevent the owner, administrator or employee of a residential facility from acting as a representative payee for the resident.
(3) A residential facility shall provide for the safekeeping of personal effects, funds and other property of its residents.
(4) A residential facility shall keep complete and accurate records of all funds and other property of its residents received by the facility for safekeeping.
(5) Any funds or other property belonging to or due to a resident of a residential facility which are received by a residential facility shall be held in trust and shall be held separate from the funds and property of the facility and shall be used only for the account of the resident. Upon request, the facility shall furnish the resident a complete and certified statement of all funds or other property to which this section applies, detailing the amounts and items received, together with their sources and disposition.
(6) For the purposes of this section, "residential facility" means a domiciliary care facility as defined by ORS 443.205 (Definitions for ORS 443.215 and 443.225), a long term care facility as defined by ORS 442.015 (Definitions), a residential facility as defined by ORS 443.400 (Definitions for ORS 443.400 to 443.455), an adult foster home as defined by ORS 443.705 (Definitions for ORS 443.705 to 443.825) and any residential facility required to be registered under ORS 443.480 (Definitions for ORS 443.480 to 443.500) to 443.500 (Investigation of registered facilities). [1991 c.413 §1; 1997 c.249 §144]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information